A hidden gem. Chalet Amalka, located in the picturesque village of 'Les Alberts' (Monty's suburb) offers guests a real 'haven' to retreat to from the hustle and bustle of resort life. Chalet Amalka is a beautifully restored 19th century house, tastefully renovated and finished to a high standard. Here you will find 4 bedrooms and a 'coin montagne' enabling groups of up to 10 people to enjoy the chalet.
The house is perfect for couples sharing and looking for something a little more special, or for a couple of families looking for more space. It offers easy access to the cultural city of Briancon.
- Welcoming entrance hall with bench seat
- Large vaulted room equipped with pool table, cinema screen with projector, table football, young children's play area and beautiful open fire place
- Well-equipped kitchen comprising of oven, hob, fridge freezer, double sink and wooden work surfaces, with breakfast area and table and chairs for 4 people
- Through to large living room with dining area for 10
- Wood-burner (some wood supplied for the week, extra supplementary upon request)
- Bedroom 1: Master double bedroom with a private shower room with toilet and a balcony convertible into a twin room
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, convertible into a twin room
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom, convertible into a twin room
- Bedroom 4: Bunk beds and a double bed, convertible into twin beds
- 2 additional bathrooms, one with toilet
- Separate toilet
- Sauna ( an extra charge)
- Nordic bath (extra charge and upon availability)
- Private garden
- Driveway parking for 3 cars with further parking available in the main village
- Has wonderful scenery on its doorstep with a children's play park just around the corner.
- Option for a daily transfer service to or from Montgenèvre resort (from 25€ one way, from sunday to friday)
"We stayed in Amalka House in January 2021. The house is very well equipped, spacious, bright and tastefully decorated. In short, the ideal house to spend a stay with friends and to be able to take advantage of the various activities proposed in Montgenevre and in the Clarée valley"
"Charming welcome in this beautiful and spacious chalet. Discovery of the beautiful Nevache valley. Recommended for mountain biking, hiking, cross country skiing or ski touring and apparently for skiing in Montgenevre. See you soon for another stay!"
Booking in 3 steps
Contact the reservations team
Start by speaking to our friendly reservations team, based in both the UK and in France (in either English or French) telling us what you are looking for.
We turn your wishes into a tailor-made holiday
Our experienced team will suggest the best options for your group and preferred dates, using our exclusive list of accommodation, our local representatives, private instructors, suppliers and fleet of private vehicles.
Confirm and start getting excited!
Secure the reservation with a 50% deposit, the balance is due 6 weeks prior to arrival and there is a 1.5% booking fee. Full terms and conditions here.
"We rented the Amalka house the week of Christmas (in the middle of Covid !!!!!). We were two families with lots of children of different ages (from 2 years to 10 years). The house is very pleasant to live in, clean, with nice fittings, spacious, and well located. The owners welcomed us with great care. They are there if you need anything. And they do it with pleasure! We had no shortage of activities: cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, sledging, ......... (Swedish bath). Perfect holiday. We would have given it 6 stars!"