Your travel planner starts here. Although we don't organise or book flights or travel for you, we are happy to help with any information you need. If you don't find the information you’re looking for below then we'll be happy to answer in person.
YOU CAN GET TO MONTGENEVRE BY TRAIN, CAR OR PLANE.
Our nearest airport is Turin ( 1 hr 20 mins ) but we can also organise transfers from Milan ( 2 hrs 30 mins ), Chambery ( 1 hr 45 mins ), Grenoble ( 3 hours ) and Geneva ( 2 hrs 45 mins ). The transfer can be booked as part of your holiday with us or separately. See our transfers.
Cheap flights to Turin
- Turin: British Airways, EasyJet, Lufthansa, Air France, Ryanair.
- Milan Malpensa: British Airways, EasyJet, Lufthansa, Air France, Ryanair.
- Chambery: British Airways, Jet2, Flybe
- Geneva: British Airways, EasyJet, Lufthansa, Air France, Ryanair.
- Grenoble: British Airways, EasyJet, Ryanair.
A different way to travel. By a recent user:
We found the whole rail experience very relaxing compared to flying. As we travel from the north of England, we took the opportunity to break the journey in London on the way out and Paris on the way back; we wouldn't have done this if we had flown.
The journey is very relaxing, the trains comfortable (especially on the French side) and the service great. It's become a part of holiday we really enjoy - The cost difference is not great for us and is far outweighed by the experience of a really relaxing way to travel.
We are happy to work alongside Snowcarbon and you can book directly below.
If you click on the image you can book your most direct route to either Oulx (20 mins) or Briancon (25 mins) our nearest train stations. Their independent website will allow you to book the most cost effective and direct route and give you all the information you need. Transfers from Oulx into resort are £50 per vehicle (up to 8 people) and from Briancon £55 per vehicle (up to 8 people).
The drive to Montgenevre will take around 10 hours from Calais. It is best to use a SatNav if you have one however be aware that using a warning facility against speed traps in France is now illegal and you can be fined up to 1500 euros.
The address for the Go Montgenevre office for your SatNav is Rue Chantelevent, 05100, Montgenevre, France. There is no number on the road.
- The best route is through Reims, Troyes, Dijon, Bourg en Bresse, east of Lyon, Chambery, Frejus Tunnel*, Oulx and Montgenevre. Some SatNavs try to divert you via Paris - this will take longer despite what it tells you.
- The Bourg en Bresse route is an option from Dijon that is slightly longer in distance but will give you a quicker journey time and quieter road.
- Via Grenoble. You can avoid going through the Frejus Tunnel by going via Grenoble. It is cheaper in terms of tolls but will add 45-50 mins to your journey time.
*Frejus Tunnel costs 38 euros each way - but you can get a 7 day return for 44 euros
Time to Travel: A Magnifique Alps Holiday Awaits!
Here in beautiful Montgenèvre we are gearing up for an unforgettable and in high demand 21/22 ski season. There’s no denying we’ve missed having you here. Whilst the sun has continued to shine brilliantly, as expected, here in Montgenèvre, our hearts have been gloomy.Read More...
Montgenèvre’s Nearest Airport
Being tucked away in the Haute-Alpes at 1,860m does not deter from the fact that Montgenèvre is easily accessible from the nearest airport in the region. Montgenèvre is practically situated just 1km away from the Italian borderline, which makes the nearest airport across the border in Turin, the capital city of Piedmont in Northern Italy.Read More...
Where is Montgenèvre? 44.9308° N, 6.7221° E
Sitting pretty at the foot of the slopes at 1,860m altitude, Montgenèvre is a small roadside mountain village and family-friendly ski resort in the region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, forming part of the Hautes-Alpes, just a mile from the French and Italian border.