Staying Vigilant: Safeguarding Your Payments with Go Montgenevre
Dear valued guests,
As you start to plan and book your winter holiday we wanted to put out this simple guide around security and making payments. We understand that security is of the utmost importance when making a booking, particularly when large amounts of money are involved. At Go Montgenèvre, your trust and safety are our highest priorities, and we want to equip you with all the necessary information to ensure a secure and seamless booking process.
1. Our Bank Account Details: Go Montgenèvre's bank account details are rarely, if ever, subject to change. Before you transfer any funds, kindly cross-check the details with those mentioned here:
Acct name: www.Go-Travel.Agency Ltd
Sort code: 09-01-28 Account number: 81374862
Account Number: 090715 00057582 - CURRENCY CURRENT ACCOUNT – (Euros)
BIC – ABBYGB2L
IBAN – GB15ABBY09071500057582
2. Communication Channels: Please note, we never send booking requests from [email protected] [email protected] . All booking-related communication will come directly from a team member's email, for instance; [email protected] You may also receive emails from [email protected] or from our trusted booking system, CheckFront.
3. Emails from CheckFront: CheckFront, our booking system, uses specific email addresses for correspondence related to bookings. For clients dealing in GBP (£), emails may also come from [email protected]. For clients dealing in Euros (€), emails may also come from [email protected]. Checkfront uses a system called Checkfront Payments which is powered by Stripe payments gateway. Checkfront is PCI DSS compliant with annual compliance assessments and strict data storage protocols. Feel safe knowing our upstream providers are regularly audited for data privacy and security. Our team uses 2-factor authentication, end-to-end encryption, and secure remote backups.
4. Payment Method: When making payments, we recommend using a credit card due to its inherent payment protection features. This approach provides an extra layer of security against fraudulent transactions, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process. When making a bank transfer with a large amount, feel free to send a nominal amount first and verify with us first, before sending the rest.
5. Verify the Email Sender: Before acting on any payment instructions, verify the email sender. Often, fraudulent emails will use addresses that look very similar to genuine ones. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly through the contact details on our official website.
6. Be Wary of Unusual Requests: Scammers often create a sense of urgency to trick people into acting without thinking. If you receive an email with an unusual request regarding payment, particularly if it's from an unexpected email address, contact us directly to confirm.
7. Secure Your Devices: Ensure that the devices you use for making payments (computer, smartphone) have the latest security updates and are protected by reliable security software.
8. Use Secure Networks: Avoid making payments when connected to public Wi-Fi networks, as these can often be less secure. If necessary, use a virtual private network (VPN) for an extra layer of security.
9. Review Bank Statements: Regularly review your bank statements to spot any unauthorised transactions quickly.
10. Strong Passwords: Use strong, unique passwords for your email and other accounts that may contain sensitive information. Consider using a password manager for secure password storage.
11. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Where possible, enable 2FA for your accounts. This adds an extra security layer as you'll be required to verify your identity in two ways before gaining access.
12. Be Mindful of Phishing Scams: These scams can appear as emails or text messages attempting to gather your personal information. Be wary of any message asking for sensitive information, particularly if it seems out of the blue.
13. Our booking forms: The forms we use to make and manage your booking look like this:
By staying vigilant and following these best practices, you can significantly reduce the risk of falling victim to fraud. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding payment, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Stay safe and travel happy!
The Go Montgenevre Team