Montgenevre is up and running and so are we
Since the beginning of the summer, Montgenevre has been open and operating, albeit with a few new social distancing measures. The lifts, golf course and now even the Durancia pool and spa are all open for business.
We at Go Montgenevre are up and running and here to stay. We appreciate that this has been a challenging time for everyone. For us, it has been without a doubt, the biggest challenge we have ever faced.
Some of the biggest challenges;
- With helping get 1500 guests safely home due to sudden lockdown measures
- Supporting our guests make successful claims on their holiday insurance for due to events outside of their control
- Helping to keep guests and staff remain safe and healthy
- Helping to keep our suppliers in business and staff employed during uncertain times
- Keeping operations going with a reduced team
- Ensuring Montgenevre continues to be a destination that is enjoyed by many for generations to come as a safe and dependable resort
A massive thank you
Thank you to all our staff, suppliers and especially to you our guests for your patience and understanding with us these last few months. We have worked hard to look after everyone as best we can and continue to support guests with their ongoing claims and future trips. We appreciate all who have persevered with their insurance companies and those who have accepted credit vouchers where they have been let down by their insurers. This helps us keep people employed and local suppliers trading for years to come. We look forward to welcoming you in the future, please get in touch if you have any questions.
Things we have already put in place for all future bookings;
- We have reduced our cancellation charges and will work within all relevant UK and French law to ensure that we look after our guests with any future situations and scenarios.
- We are maintaining the highest levels of cleaning in all the properties that we manage
- We are ensuring that all welcomes and departures are conducted with a safe socially distanced manner
- We are only offering private transfers with masked drivers and cleaning van touch points between transfers
- We carbon balance (offset) all private transfers going forward
For customers who are due to travel from June 2020 - until December 2020:
We’ve been operating holidays in Montgenevre for the last 14 years and will continue to do so for the forthcoming seasons. With the French government easing restrictions and allowing travel and holidays to go ahead throughout Summer and onwards. We are proceeding while following all relevant guidance.
We would recommend checking your current government guidance, travel options/operators and insurance status prior to travel.
For customers who are due to travel from December 2020 onwards:
At the moment, all of our Winter 2020/21 holidays are continuing to operate as planned and will be reviewed in line with government and travel advice as the year progresses. If there are any changes to your holiday next winter, then we will be in touch. Thank you for your support and understanding. The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff is always our highest priority.
Things you can do:
- Keep visiting Montgenevre and keep booking with us.
It’s not about money, it’s what your bookings and your commitment to travelling with us means for our staff, our suppliers, the Montgenevre community, and the social and environmental causes that we support. Let us know if you would like to book a mountain getaway, especially while there are loads of great value options for summer.
- Keep telling people about how great Montgenevre is and how it is open for business.
Montgenevre offers something for everyone without being overly commercialised or crowded. Some of the many reasons our guests fall in love with Montgenevre, like we did when we first visited. As you know, we are a small family-run business whose passion is to ensure that you have a great holiday. Next time someone talks about wanting a trip to the mountains, let them know about montgenevre and us!
On behalf of the Go Montgenevre team we look forward to mountain biking or skiing with you again soon.
Ben & Dee Hodson